Saturday, August 19, 2006

Inadequate

OK, so a friend insinuated that I should have a blog. Well, maybe he didn't insinuate, maybe he just asked me if I had one. Well I didn't. And, quite frankly, I felt a little inadequate. (Kinda like when people ask me if I have a cell phone. I hate talking on the phone, period! I hate cell phones! They are the single most invasive and distracting tool ever invented! Granted, they are useful "in an emergency", when your car breaks down and you're stranded in St.Andrews, but I still say they are a trophy that screams, "LOOK AT ME!!! I'M IMPORTANT/I AM IN DEMAND!!! SOMEONE DESIRES TO PARLAY WITH ME!!!" Peeps always say they're getting one "for emergencies", like when their car breaks down and they're stranded in St.Andrews, but that's just not true, is it?) And then I started thinking about how all through my life there are always situations that create that feeling of inadequacy. I know, depressing huh? But seriously! Think of how many times this past week you have felt like you didn't measure up. I stepped on the scale today and found that I am 3 pounds more than the weight I told myself I would never get to. I started running again this week, and I'm doing OK; I did 6 kms the 1st day, 7ish the 2nd, 3 the 3rd, 0 the fourth, and 7ish the 5th. (note: when I say "run" I really mean jog as fast as I walk, or, walk). No but really, I jogged for a straight hour yesterday. I don't think I've ever done that. I was really proud of myself! And my reward is 3 pounds over the max. Sheesh. Some days it's hard to love yourself (not just your outer self; your innards, too).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home